If you’re a Mac user looking for accounting software, QuickBooks is an excellent option. It’s available for Mac users, and it has some features that are only available on MacBook. Automatic reminders in iCalender, timely notification in the menu bar, and auto contacts sync in the Mac operating system’s address book are just a few of the functions. There are a few basic steps to setting up and installing the new edition of QuickBooks desktop for Mac, which are described in this post. So, don’t stop reading! If you want an expert to install and set up QuickBooks desktop for Mac, send us a call right away and ask for our help. Our professionals will personally assist you in download and install QuickBooks desktop for MacBook. Alternatively, you can scroll through this post for more information.
Get the Instructions for Download, install & Setup QuickBooks Desktop for MacBook:
Before you download QuickBooks on your Mac, there are a few things you should think about. Before setting up and installing QuickBooks desktop for Mac, the user should worry about a few things.
Let’s Take a Look at Each Point one by one:
- Before beginning the QuickBooks desktop for Mac installation process, the user must meet the following criteria:
- The consumer must ensure that QuickBooks Mac desktop is mounted on the device. Then looking up the monthly device specifications for the Mac version you’re using.
If a customer purchases QuickBooks for Windows by error, he or she must return the product and buy the correct edition.
Also, make sure to have the licence and product number ready.
If the customer has a CD, he or she can look for a scratch-off label on the packaging.
The Mac Desktop has the Smallest Device Specifications.
The installation of QuickBooks desktop for Mac requires the fulfilment of some device specifications. Let’s take a look at the device requirements:
- The user must have at least MacOS 10.14 (Mohave); MacOS 10.14 is sponsored (Mojave)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor is needed.
- A multi-user server should also be available to the user
- To run a server, you’ll need an Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor.
- A minimum of 2 GB RAM is required however, 4 GB RAM is recommended.
- Check to see if the product is licensed.
- Using Intuit checks to print checks on a Mac is also an option.
Another factor is that the printer must be completely Macintosh compatible.
Related Article: Complete Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Online Error Code 101
Limitation of QuickBooks desktop for Mac
Despite the benefits described above, QuickBooks desktop for Mac has some limitations.
- Maximum Three user license available: It’s important to remember that QuickBooks for Mac comes with two user license, but the user can only purchase one additional license.
- Data is not accessible via mobile: Another disadvantage of QuickBooks desktop for Mac is that QuickBooks online allows users to access data from mobile devices, but this functionality is not available in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Technical Assistance is limited: Another limitation of QuickBooks for Mac is that it comes with unlimited tech support for the first 30 days, but after that, the user must buy support.
Steps to Install and Setup QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
This is only for QuickBooks desktop for Mac, so keep it in mind. If you’re using QuickBooks for Windows, the process would be different. Let’s take a look at the steps involved:
Step 1: Checking that QuickBooks Desktop for Mac is Consistent with the Device.
This step allows the customer to check the device specifications for the Mac version that we mentioned earlier. This is to ensure that QuickBooks can be installed successfully on the device.
Step 2: Finding the Product and License Numbers-
If the customer downloaded a digital copy, he or she may have received an email confirmation with the license and product number. In the case that the mail is not received, the customer may look up the license number or contact the support team.
If the customer received a physical copy: In this case, the customer must first look for a scratch off mark on the packaging, which must then be removed to display the license and product number.
Step 3: QuickBooks desktop for Mac is available for download and installation.
The user must first download or use the QuickBooks desktop for Mac installation CD.
Related Blog- How To Download QuickBooks File Doctor?
Steps 4: Upgrading and converting the company file.
If the user has upgraded from an earlier version of QuickBooks desktop for Mac, the company file must be updated to comply with the newer version. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- To begin, the user must open the company file in a newer version of Microsoft Office.
- When the QuickBooks app asks you to update or convert your company file, select upgrade.
- If a pop-up occurs on your computer, click the OK button.
- Finally, double-check the balance, records, and accounts to ensure you’ve converted the correct company file.
Step 5: Setting up Multi user (Not Mandatory)
If the user has multiple user licences, he or she can set up QuickBooks in multi-user mode to ensure that all users have simultaneous access to the file. The following are the steps to follow:
To start, open the multi-user folder, then add the QuickBooks server icon to the applications folder.
If requested, select the authenticate option to change the applications folder. Then select the Ok button after entering the admin username and password.
Following that, the user must open QuickBooks and the company file.
To complete the process, go to the company file and select allow multi-user mode to share the file.
It’s not rocket science to install and set up QuickBooks desktop for Macbook; all you have to do is follow the steps described above. However, if you need technical assistance at any point during the process, you must contact our QuickBook customer care team. In a single call +1-844-583-0066 , our dedicated support team and certified ProAdvisors will be there to help you. Because this process tends to be very technical, we strongly advise you to contact us without delay to resolve any Common QuickBooks Error. We would be glad to inform you.