Common QuickBooks POS Installation Errors- If you are facing QuickBooks POS Error Code 1706, POS installation Error 1304, Error 1642 then Call +1-844-583-0066 to Expert. POS (Point of Sale), like most other versions of QuickBooks Desktop, encounters some popular installation errors that can be easily resolved by following simple troubleshooting steps. We’ll get above POS installation Error 1304, Error 1642, Error 1706, and error unable to start the IntuitUpdateService in this post. Some of these errors are caused by bugs in Microsoft Windows components such as the.NET Framework, while others are caused by missing installation files. Learn what misconfigurations and faults cause such installation errors in QuickBooks and how to troubleshoot them without difficulties by reading the entire post.
Facing Trouble Installing QB POS? Call POS Error Support Number +1-844-583-0066 and Get Help from Certified POS Experts
What Causes QuickBooks POS Installation Errors?
- QuickBooks may not support the Microsoft.NET version which you have installed on your computer.
- On your computer, there are errors in the installation of the Microsoft.NET Application.
- The installer for QuickBooks POS installation has been damaged.
- Installation errors can also be caused by using an outdated version of QuickBooks POS.
What are the Most Common QuickBooks Point-of-Sale Errors?
There are a variety of errors that can occur during the installation and upgrade of QuickBooks Desktop POS, but the most common factors are mentioned below.
Error 1642: An error occurred while downloading Microsoft.NET. The digital signature of the file could not be checked.
Error writing to file Intuit.Spc.Esd.Client.BusinessLogic.dll (Error 1304)
Error: The “IntuitUpdateService” could not be started. The service did not respond to the start or control requests in a timely manner, resulting in an error.
1706 Error When opening Point of Sale, no valid source could be identified.
NOTE: For more information on troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Error 1304, see the QuickBooks Desktop Error 1304 section. please read our post QuickBooks Error 1304 “Error Writing to File”.
Steps to Troubleshoot QB POS Installation Errors
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have the most latest versions of Microsoft.NET Application installed on your computer and that there are no installation errors. Follow troubleshooting step 3 from our article on QuickBooks Desktop Error 61 for detailed instructions on troubleshooting Microsoft.NET Framework on Windows.
Step 1: Update your QuickBooks Point of Sale software.
- On your computer, open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Under the Help section, choose About Point of Sale.
- Check to see if QuickBooks Desktop Point 18.0 is installed, and if it isn’t, search for the most recent updates.
- Go to the Downloads page for the product.
- Select a product from the drop-down menu.
- Select the correct QB POS Desktop edition and version, then click OK. Get the most recent information.
- After the download is complete, save the file to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation.
- To complete the installation of the new version, follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 2: Delete QuickBooks Desktop POS from your PC.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu on your desktop.
- Locate the Uninstall a Program option and choose it.
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 by double-clicking it and following the on-screen instructions.
Locate and remove the specified folders from your computer’s C drive.
C: Program Files (x86) QuickBooks POS XX Intuition IntuitEntitlement Clientv8 C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 C QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 is the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Step 4: From Windows, delete the QBPOSDBSrvUser account.
- In the Run window, press Windows + R and type Control Panel.
- After pressing Enter, go to Control Panel and check into User Accounts.
- Continue after selecting Manage Another Account.
- Select QBPOSDBSrvUser and then press Delete Account.
- Restart the computer after clicking Yes for confirmation.
Step 5: On Windows, reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Double-click the POS download file you downloaded in the first troubleshooting step to open it.
- Then click Next after selecting Yes to Everything.
- Next, select I accept the licence agreement’s terms and click Next.
- Click Next after entering the Product number and your License information.
- Choose whether to instal QB POS for a single or multiple users.
- After clicking Install, Windows should be restarted.
The same errors which reappear after reinstalling QuickBooks, and this occurs when there is a problem with the company file that you are using. In such cases, we may need to perform a specific troubleshooting step, which is to restore the company file.
For immediate assistance and support, Please call QuickBooks Desktop POS Support Number +1-844-583-0066.