The QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 is a technical error in QuickBooks that may occur when users try to import your company file. QBW is official website of users bank . QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the most preferred accounting software programmes. Sure enough, it has so much to offer accountants and business owners for efficient management of their business accounting.
If users are getting error OL-222 while importing. QBO files from your financial institution website, then this blog is for you. In this blog, we have listed a detailed and step-by-step method that users can follow for an instant solution, along with troubleshooting procedures. Users will also find reasons that trigger OL-222.
It does not entirely lack technical problems and users may face these challenges every now and similar error code that users may come across while using online banking in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error OL-222 appears while importing users company files. In this blog we discuss all helpful solutions to get rid of this most common error.
Methods for QuickBooks Desktop Error Code OL-222 ?
To fix this error code related to your QuickBooks online banking, Users have to follow below-described solutions carefully :
- Correct Formatting Issues with QBW File :
Rectify erroneous formatting of QB, which is one of main causes of QuickBooks error OL-222 to comes :
- Users have to Right-click QuickBooks company file
- QBW and from drop-down enter Edit option
- Users open file in any of your preferred text editors
- Use Find option of your text editor to locate & text and remove it as it is invalid text.
- Once editing is done, go to File and press Save button .
- Close edited file .
- Open it in QuickBooks
- Go to next troubleshooting method if QuickBooks error message OL-222 still appears.
- Update QuickBooks to Latest Release :
Update your business accounting software to the latest maintenance release available and retry importing your QuickBooks company file from your bank’s official website.
- Check if there is a new QuickBooks update available. If so, update your accounting software.
- Make a backup of your company file.
- Once again, try to import the QBW file from your bank’s website.
- Try to Download FIDIR.txt file over Again :
You may also Read- How to Download, Install & Set up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021-2022
Before users go for this troubleshooting steps , users make sure that you have QuickBooks company file backed up and QuickBooks is closed.
- Users start, leave the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Try to copy whole text from FIDIR.txt page.
- Create a new file and paste text that you copied earlier.
- Save new file to a location where you can easily find it with name FIDIR.txt.
- Delete original FIDIR.txt file.
- On your keyboard, tap on Option key.
- Users move to ApplicationSupport /com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX / Downloads to proceed further.
- From folder, Delete FIDIR.txt file Option.
- Users access QuickBooks from Finder application
Check it :
- Enter control key and press QuickBooks
- Your previous action will open a context menu where users have to click Show Package Contents button .
- Double-click Content folder in a new window
- Users double-click Resource folder,
- Find and delete FIDIR.txt file.
- Copy new FIDIR.txt file that you have earlier created and paste it into Downloads & Resources folder.
- Perform same steps and try to import .QBW file into QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 ?
This error occurs, users will see QuickBooks error message OL-222 popping on your screen that elucidates the status, reason, and impact of the error. QBs was not able to complete your request. Users Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222)”.
The error message shows that QuickBooks is not getting the correct response from your financial institution’s website as there is a scan error involved. the file you want to import contains ( unsupported characters)the error arise.
Check the Reasons Behind Getting a QuickBooks Error Code OL 222 ?
- Users can get an error code OL-222 because of an irregular formation of QBs Company File.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop could also be reason.
- Maybe QuickBooks Company File contains error.
- Users may encounter error code due to third-party software conflicting with QFX operations.
- The error can occur .QBO file name is against financial institution’s compliance.
- Slow internet connection can also be reason.
- invalid entities in QBW file may also lead to error code.
Note- OFX means that the standards for exchange between financial institutions and QuickBooks
Related Blogs- How To Fix QuickBooks Installation Error 1920?
Signs for QuickBooks Error Code OL-222
- The user won’t be able to import the company file downloaded from the bank’s website.
- This error message continually pops up on the screen.
- A user won’t be able to perform the banking features.
Users Make sure to update your QuickBooks application with latest version.
To update your QuickBooks application, users should follow the steps given below.
Open QuickBooks Desktop and press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Check if any updates are pending.
- Go to Help option .
- Enter the Update QuickBooks option.
- Click on the Update Now tab.
- Start downloading process,
- Press on (Get Updates) option.
- Wait for process is completed.
- Close your QuickBooks application and reboot your system.
- Open QuickBooks and check the issue.
Create a backup of your QBs Company File :
Users must create a backup of your QuickBooks Company File to avoid data loss. To create a backup of your company file,
Have a look at the Mentioned Steps .
- Go to File menu, Open QuickBooks,
- Choose Switch to Single-user mode.
- For over Back up Company.
- Choose create Local backup.
- In the open window, select Local Backup and click Options.
- Now in the local backup only section,
- Select Browse option and choose where users want to save your backup company file.
- Press on Ok button.
Helpdesk for QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 :
Many users use QuickBooks software without any issues. In-case users find any issues in their software like QuickBooks Error OL-222.That situation users want to solve this issues immediately basis. Here we mentioned helpful methods for users help. You can apply it for resolve your problem instant . If users are not ok with these steps .So connect with QuickBooks Support Team .Drop your email on mentioned mail id firstname.lastname@example.org. Experts are available 24/7 to assist you .Experts solve your concern within working hours with delivery best solution according to your concern.
“Hopefully ,This blog will definitely gives you best Solution”