Looking to Fix QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working Issue? Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks multi-user mode not working by QuickBooks Experts. QuickBooks Multi-user mode is an inbuilt feature in QuickBooks accounting software that allows multiple users to simultaneously work on the same company file at the same time . This functionality helps to boost coordination and increase productivity. To use the multi-user feature in QuickBooks, each user must have a QuickBooks license. The problem with the multiple user mode of the QuickBooks desktop occurs when the user tries to open the company file located on another Device. You may not receive an error in this case, but the QuickBooks Multi user mode may automatically show that this does not work on another device.
Causes of QuickBooks Multi User Mode not working:-
There may be a variety of explanations for the appearance of QuickBooks multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks is not installed on the server.
- The hosting settings are not configured properly.
- Firewall or antivirus software does not allow communication between user and computers.
- The database server cannot open a QuickBooks company file .
- Permissions for Windows files are not properly set.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks multi-user mode not Working issue
After you have completed the QuickBooks multi-user setup for using QuickBooks in multi-user mode, you can face a problem with QuickBooks multi-user mode not working. Errors such as H101, H202, H303, and H505 are associated with this problem.
The Following Solutions Will Assist you in Solving this Problem:
Use QuickBooks File Doctor
From the Intuit website, download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and run it. This tool analyzes whether or not your computer is set up properly to use the multi-user mode. Check if you are facing a QuickBooks multi-user mode issue after running the tool.
Related Blogs- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000-77?
Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- By entering the database in the Start menu, open QB Database Server Manager on your server computer.
- If you don’t find any folder locations, Using Browse to go to the folder that stores company documents.
- Press the OK key and select on the Scan button.
- Firewall rights can be fixed by following the above steps.
- Now, check whether QuickBooks multi-user mode not working problem has resolved.
Host Mode Search on Each of the User’s Computers
Open the QuickBooks File menu on an user’s computer, then open Utilities. Move to the next computer if Host Multi-User Access occurs on the list, as this means that such a computer is not hosting a company file. If Multi-User Access Hosting Stop appears in the list, select it to disable hosting and allow single-user QuickBooks mode. After making sure that the hosting mode is turned off on all user computers, check for an error in QuickBooks multi-user mode which does not work.
Confirm whether the QuickBooks Services are Running
QuickBooks services-QuickbooksDBXX (XX reflects the year of QuickBooks) and QBCFMonitorService- should be in the running state on the server computer in order to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Type in services.msc on the Windows search bar and click Start.
- See if the QuickBooksDBXX service in the Services window appears. If it doesn’t suddenly appear, follow these instructions.
- If you are using Database Server Manager only, make sure it’s installed on the server.
- The corresponding Database Server Manager should be configured for each year of the QuickBooks Desktop installed on the workstation.
- If the entire program is running on the device, ensure that hosting on the server is enabled.
- Double-click service for QuickBooksDBXX. The value should be Automatic, under the Startup form on the screen. The Running or Start service should show Running or Start.
- Repeat the steps 1 to 4 mentioned above for the QBCFMonitorService.
Related Article- How To Fix QuickBooks Online Not Working In Chrome Browser?
Now, on each of the user computers, open QuickBooks in multi-user mode to see whether or not the issue with QuickBooks multi-user mode is also not working. If the issue is still occurring, check the QuickBooksDBXX service membership. It should be part of a Community of Admins. It should also have all the required permits.
Make Sure that QuickBooks Can Send Data
There are Two Steps to This Solutions –
Changing firewall or antivirus software settings
If the firewall creates a problem with QB multi-user mode not working, you must manually set up exceptions for ports in the firewall that QuickBooks software uses to transmit data. Configure it to resolve the problem if the antivirus software is affecting the error.
To check whether QuickBooks can communicate with the server, perform file path testing
Network Discovery should be turned on with this, and the server name should be established.
Follow these steps –
- In the Run command, type ping [servername] and click the Enter button.
- Go to the shared folder on the server by using the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) route from the user’s device.
Make use of the UNC route to go to the QuickBooks company file.
Create a New Company File Folder
This solution involves the creation of a new folder on the hosting device for a company file. Set up new folder access permissions and Windows folder access permissions so that company files can be exchanged. Copy the .qbw file to the new folder and check if the company file can be opened in multi-user mode. The issue with QuickBooks multi user mode not working problem may have been resolved.
Resolve Technical Issues with Best QuickBooks Enterprise Support USA +1-844-583-0066
No matter what time it is? you can live chat with the world’s best-experienced tech experts. In terms of complication / complex problems our team will help you to with remote software, all our services are cost-effective & reliable. For any kind of help on QuickBooks Enterprise 2020 features and function, you need to connect with our QuickBooks support team or you can connect at any time of the day with our live Quickbooks chat support team.