QuickBooks is an accounting application meant for various small and medium-sized businesses. It has got best-in-class features, including but not limited to preparing and filing taxes, payroll, building reconciliation reports, generating customized invoices. However, users could find themselves stuck with various technical hitches while working in QuickBooks. QuickBooks Online Error 106 pops up if users attempt to download their bank transactions manually within QuickBooks, in case the automatic downloading process is hindered due to a problem.
Besides, there could be other factors too, which are involved in causing the error to pop up, which will be discussed in the upcoming sections of the blog along with the preventive measures needed to adapt to resolve the error at once.
For that users should read this entire blog without skipping any sections. All the sections are very useful and provide you with a better solution regarding your QuickBook account within seconds
What Could Cause QuickBooks Online Error 106?
For several reasons, banking errors can be caused. Moreover, the error can show up in different circumstances while performing banking operations. The major causes of this QuickBooks online error code 106 are listed below:
- The bank server is probably down because you failed to access the website due to the under-maintenance of the bank website.
- QuickBooks is not able to establish a connection with the banking servers.
- The company file that contains the containing transactions is damaged or corrupted.
- Corrupted company files can also cause issues with the bank server.
- The Internet connection strength is weak.
- Misconfigured internet settings
- To resolve the bank server issue, users should configure the internet settings and implement the best possible method, which we will discuss in further detail.
You may also Read- Easy Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Script Error 0
How to Resolve QuickBooks Online Error 106 QuickBooks?
Before getting started, one has to make sure that the bank account is successfully updated. Users check the few things you need to consider, which we will talk about later. Users should try signing into the bank account using the URL given by the bank. users can disconnect the bank account and correct the LAN settings.
If it is required, users can set up a bank connection with Well Fargo online banking. This will help you set the bank account as the default. To avoid conflict with the bank website, users can continue reading the mentioned methods.
Solution One: Update the Bank Account Manually
To fix error code 106 in QuickBooks, the first action users should take is to update the bank account. A Multi-Factor Authentication number is required for this process. Check out the following methods to manually update the bank account.
- Launch of “QuickBooks Online”.
- Users need to navigate to the Banking menu from the left.
- Here, you will see the selected or not selected accounts. At this point, you need to make sure that the accounts you don’t want to update are not selected.
- To recognize it well, you can check the blue and gray signs. The blue sign indicates the account selected, whereas the gray color shows your account is not selected.
- When you choose the account, hit the “Update” button to continue.
- If you are prompted to enter the “Multi-Factor Authentication” number (MFA), then enter it.
When the update process finishes, you will receive a notification. You can also check if this method works effectively or not. To verify that, you can check the total number of bank transactions and the date of the last update.
Things to Consider for Manual Bank Account Updates
- There are a few credit card companies and banks that post the transactions for download the next morning (or after a day). In such a scenario, you should wait at least a day and then update the account manually.
- If any transaction is missing, then it is recommended to wait for 24 hours so that your bank can make it available to you.
- You will be able to view the transactions on your bank’s website but might not be able to download them until your bank posts them.
Solution Second: Log in to the Bank Website using the URL provided by the Bank
QuickBooks provides an URL that lets users redirect to the bank’s website. If you are unable to access the bank website or are facing QuickBooks error 106, we suggest you log in through the URL provided by your bank. This way, users can determine if they can log in to the bank account using this provided URL or not.
- To do so, launch QuickBooks and move to the Banking menu located on the left.
- Enter on the Add Account tab and located on the top right.
- After this, locate the name of your bank or financial institution.
- Choose the bank from the list.
- Users can choose the URL given by the bank from the top. This will open a new window.
- You can check if all the functions are working properly or not.
- To verify the bank website, users can check their account details, account history, and account summary.
- If you can view all the details properly without conflicting the error, it indicates that the bank URL is working fine.
Related Blogs- How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 108?
Solution Third: Disconnect the Bank Account
By disconnecting the bank account, you can resolve the bank error. By doing so, you can remove the link and download the transaction that took place in your account. To avoid such bank errors, you can take the following steps:
- Look out for the “Transactions” option.
- Users check out the Bank Account section.
- Tan on Edit option.
- Users can enter the account section.
- Hit the Disconnect option to remove this account.
- Save the applied changes.
- Users can confirm your action to delete the link and delete the downloading operations currently occurring.
Solution Fourth: Enable the LAN Settings
Bank errors can happen wrong internet settings. Hence, you should check your LAN settings. If it is not enabled users can enable it. Follow these steps to fix the internet settings:
- First of all, reboot the computer and your WiFi router.
- Then, you can check if there are any fault switches or wire connections.
- Open any website via Internet Explorer on a Windows computer.
- Users make sure you check the LAN settings.
- It can be done by Control Panel.
Solution Fifth: Set Up the Bank Connection with Wells Fargo
When users set up the connection to the Wells Fargo internet banking (business or personal account), users may confront QuickBooks Online error 106. To successfully connect the account, you can set it as default. For better information, you can follow these methods.
- Go to the Wells Fargo internet banking option.
- From the “Account Summary”, choose the business account using the drop-down option.
- Tab the Go option.
- Enter the Set as Default View button.
- log in to the “QuickBooks Online” and set up your connection with the “Well Fargo online banking”.
Related Article- What is QuickBooks Script Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Live – Support for QuickBooks Online Error 106
All these methods must have fixed the QuickBooks Online Error 106. It is easy to fix the error and does not create many problems. But if you are struggling to find the right path, go to our QB expert team to find the assistance required. For that, users can connect with support via the support email address email@example.com. Experts will guide you step-by-step and provide you with an easy solution to your concern.
“We hope this blog will guide you to the proper solution”