The QuickBooks software is a great application for managing and arranging all user’s important company files. This software helps users’ businesses by ensuring that your company files are safe and secure. This blog will tell you about a not-so-very common error, QuickBooks POS Error 121, and how to fix it. QuickBooks POS Error 121 is called “Permission Denied Error. Usually, this error comes when users forget to log into QuickBooks as admin. It can happen during any program or activity that needs admin rights. If users are getting this error, you can no longer perform all the activities as an Admin
Here we mentioned all the simple methods to solve this error in a QuickBooks account. You can use it without any issues and resolve this error.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Error 121
One of the main issues is QuickBooks POS Error 121 is users forget to sign in to QuickBooks Point of Sale via the Administrator account and sign in with a user account. One essential thing to note is that before you start performing all the necessary steps to resolve the issue, stop all QuickBooks Point of Sale processes and services.
What is QuickBooks POS Error 121?
QuickBooks error code 121 means users have to sign in to the POS to other systems admin where they are getting these errors. This issue comes when QuickBooks shows a pop-up warning message like as QBs error 121. Users do not have permission to select from timeouts. It means QB denied your request to make any changes as a guest user.
Method to Solved QuickBooks POS Error 121
To fix the QuickBooks POS error 121, users need to delete all the data in the Entitlement Client folder and remove the WSActivity.xml file. Ensure all the point of sale processes and services are stopped. Users attempt to perform the resolution steps.
Method First: Close all the POS processes and Services
- Choose Task Manager.
- Select the process.
- Locate and terminate all processes: exe
- Finish the Task Manager process.
- In the search window, enter services. msc.
- Go to the Services window, and search for QBPOS Database Manager (‘XX’ refers to the QuickBooks version).
- End all the services.
- All service windows should be closed.
If the problem “QuickBooks POS Error 121” still persists within your accounting software, then we suggest you continue to follow the steps below.
Method Second: Delete the Required Files
View the hidden Windows folders
- For Windows 8.1 and 8
- Vista and Windows 7
- Windows XP
Move to the location depending on your Operating System
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C: Program data Intuit Entitlement Client V8 in data program
- Vista and Windows 7: Check the C: Program data Intuit Entitlement Client V8.0
- Look out for Windows XPC : DocumentsandSettingsAllUsersApplicationDataIntuitEntitlementClientv8.0
You may also Read- Easy Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Script Error 0
Users lookout for some other Steps
- Users choose all the files in the folder.
- Select Delete.
- Move to the previous location: C: Intuit Quickbooks Point of Sale XX.0 Program data
- Approach the INI folder and delete the WSActivity file.
- Open POS again and download and install any updates required.
- Complete the registration process.
Method Third: End all the Point of Sale processes & services
Have a look at the simple method
- Open the “Task Manager” tab.
- Visit the Processes option
Users find and end the following processes:
- Users need to close the Task Manager option.
Related Blogs- How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 108?
Contact QB HelpDesk for QuickBooks POS Error 121
We hope the mentioned solutions are helpful to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 121. All the provided steps are easy to use and simple users can understand them without any trouble, Incase users need live assistance to solve this error. drop a mail on provided email: email@example.com Experts will assist you to solve your problem. The team will provide you with an easy solution within seconds without any trouble.