QuickBooks Error Code 20 – Printer not activated is one of QuickBooks Software’s most common error codes. Users update their operating system to Windows 10 or 8 whenever they wish to. Because of this error, the user cannot print or send invoices and pay lips, leading in more inconvenience to the business owners. This is a general error caused by many other applications apart from QuickBooks, but its effect on QuickBooks is more important than any other application.
QuickBooks error code 20 on the screen indicates that when printing from QuickBooks a daily user faces issue. When you try to print on a Windows 10 device from QuickBooks 2009, it gives an error message “Printer not allowed.” The error is caused by the compatibility problem between QuickBooks 2009 and Windows 10, which is outdated. Intuit has suspended official support for the QuickBooks 2009 version designed to run on Windows 7. In this blog we’ll talk about QuickBooks error 20 and some helpful troubleshooting solutions for the QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error 20. Application key is not changed until you have updated the operating system and some applications use the key to store internal settings, causing them to crash after an upgrade. This problem will appear on QuickBooks apps more like.
Let ‘s explore the Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 20 and Solutions.
Here are some of the Possible Reasons: –
Normally this error code appears because the ‘H Key current config\software’ key is removed / deleted. QuickBooks software operates even on the same key to the registry. This situation leads to the condition where the outdated key stops both the application and the printer from working properly. Many programmed / applications have been encountered using the same registry key …! It appears to cause software and other software errors too.
This error can also occur when several versions of QuickBooks om / enable-multiple-QuickBooks-desktop-versions-on-one-machine/ are installed in the computer.
What are the primary causes for Error 20 Behind QuickBooks Activation?
Windows 10 can be updated twice in a month, although QuickBooks 2009 is unable to get any updates as its official support ends in May 2012. It represents a significant challenge of compatibility between the two. In QuickBooks, there are multiple other technical factors which can promote error 20. Check the list under there:
- QuickBooks 2009 is not compatible with Windows 10 due to print problems in the software
- Updated 2009 QuickBooks
- Another explanation behind the error may be unsupported printer drivers: 20
- Issues with the Windows Registry for QuickBooks can also cause the error when printing from the programmed.
How to Fix QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20, Windows 10?
Below are some troubleshooting techniques you should perform to know the efficiency of the steps in their given sequence. Let’s just start with:
Solution 1: Create a Point for Registry Backup & Device Restore
To do so, follow the steps below to:
- First, add a backup to Windows registry
- Go to Registry Editor and hit Device on the left-hand side
- Select File and then press Export, then Save
- Build a restore point to save Registry changes
- Wait for the finishing process and press OK
- Check the error in QuickBooks is fixed, if not then switch to the next solution.
Related Blog- How to Fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505 WH?
Solution 2: Set User Permit to Update Registry Key
Follow the steps below to get the job done:
- Click Start icon in Windows and type “regedit” in the search field, then hit OK
- When finding, right-click “regedit” and select Run as Administrator from the list option
- Now double-click on the folder HKEY CURRENT CONFIG in the left pane
- Right-click the Software folder and choose Allowances
- As a result of your previous action, a new window will appear where you need to assign the Users full control and click OK to complete the task
If QuickBooks error 20 Un-activated Printer issue continues to occur while QuickBooks printing, then switch to next method.
Solution 3: Customize Service with Print Spooler
Print Spooler service can solve the printing problems with a Windows computer linked printer. If nothing comes out of the printer while giving the Print order, that means configuring the Print Spooler service.
- Press Windows + R, type in blank space services.msc, and click Enter
- Now find and right-click Print Spooler Service from the Services list and choose Properties
- The Print Spooler Service then ceases
- Navigate through the dropdown Start Form and select Automatic
- Click Start to Service Print Spooler.
Solution 4: Run the QBprint.qbp File Repair PDF feature on QuickBooks
- Implement the following steps to repair QBprint.qbp file:
- Go to Programs and Features from inside Windows Control Panel
- From the current challenges select QuickBooks
- Click Change and follow the instructions to carrying out repair process carefully
- Restart QuickBooks after repair process is complete
- Try to print out from QuickBooks or save a PDF
QuickBooks Printer Error Code 20 Works on! Call Toll-Free
After following all the troubleshooting methods, the same QuickBooks error code persists, dial our QuickBooks error support phone number +1-844-583-0066 to prevent more annoyance. Our qualified experts will take over error 20 from QuickBooks and fix it promptly. But we’re here to help you Fix Common QuickBooks Error. Use this link to get the most recent QuickBooks Errors.